DeWalt hammer drill Kit
DEWALT 18Volt Lithium-Ion 1/2-Inch Hammer Drill Kit
Christmas Shopping Deals : Saving Money During the Holidays
Special Offer for Christmas and New Year 2011
Amazon.com Product Description
Handle everything from wood and steel to masonry and concrete with the DEWALT DCD970KL 18Volt 1/2-Inch XRP Lithium-Ion Hammerdrill/Drill/Driver Kit. Built around a versatile tool and highly efficiency motor, this DEWALT drill makes quick work of drilling and fastening tasks at hand. Enjoy the patented, three-speed, all-metal transmission and comfortable grip for job-specific performance and less user fatigue. This kit includes a convenient one-hour lithium-ion charger, two 18-volt XRP lithium-ion batteries, a 360-degree side handle, and a sturdy kit box.
Dewalt® built high power, high efficiency motor delivers 425 unit watts out of max power for superior performance. 18V high performance battery pack provides longer run-time and battery life than 18V systems. Patented 3-speed all-metal transmission matches the speed to the application for optimal performance. Heavy-duty 1/2" self-tightening chuck. Enhanced durability and reliability to withstand the job-site environment and the most demanding applications. Anti-slip comfort grip
- DEWALT 18-volt XRP track saw Batteries offer long battery life; durability: 2,000 recharges
- Patented 3-speed all-metal transmission matches the tool to task for fastest application speed and improved run time
- Heavy-duty 1/2-inch self-tightening chuck tightens throughout operation providing superior bit gripping strength
- LED worklight provides increased visibility in confined spaces
- High power, high efficiency motor delivers 450 unit watts out of max power for superior performance in all drilling and fastening applications
A must have tool
This is a must have DeWalt Hammer Drill Kit for any type of home remodeling job. It's extremely durable and lots of power. I use this drill with the old NiCad XRP batteries and works great. The Dewalt tools are great for being backwards and forwards compatible with batteries. Batteries are a big thing. Dewalt is considerate of past purchases and current purchases in regards to the battery compatibility. Bottom line, if you are planning on making a purchase on a long lasting drill, Dewalt has the durability and strength that most drills do not have.
BEST 18V Dewalt drill PERIOD!
I bought this drill to replace my Dewalt DC925, which fell off a roof and landed in a big nasty mud hole, I just figured the drill was toast and ordered a new one, saved the 925 for salvageable parts. The DCD950 and the DCD970 are the EXACT same drill except the clutch ring, which is black on the 950 and silver on the 970. The difference is the batteries that are included 950 has the XRPs and 970 has the new NANO's(lithium-ion). OK, back to the comparison
Pros of the DEWALT DCD970KL VS. the DCD925
1. Much Better balance
2. More power in both low and mid-range(Dewalt says the DC925 has 480 unit watts vs the DEWALT DCD970KL , but the DEWALT DCD970KL 18 Volt is more powerful
3. WAY smoother speed selector (moves back and forth, not in an semi-ellipse like the 925)
4. L.E.D light on front
5. Shorter in length
6. Drill/screw/hammerdrill, various clutch settings are no longer on the same ring, clutch now has its own ring.
Cons of the DEWALT DCD970KL 18Volt
1. Due to pressure from a group of so called "tool users" who ONLY seem to care about aesthetics, Dewalt changed the base to the new nano style, which means if you actually use the drill it only has space for one bit on the front and WILL Not hold a screw guide or short nutsetters very well, whereas the old style base could fit a screw guide for TEK screws on one side and a 1/4" and 5/16" short nutsetters for tapcons on the other side.
However, overall the DCD970/950 is a excellent drill and deserves 4.75 stars, if Dewalt would change the base it would be a 5 star item, but that will never happen thanks to people who care more about how a tool looks rather than how well it works.
I cleaned off my old DC925 and put in a fresh battery and the thing works!! Well now I have two, I guess that is what I get for asuming things, oh well I like the DEWALT DCD970KL 18Volt better anyway.
Special Offer for Christmas and New Year 2011
Other Price :
Offer Price: $272.49
Savings up to: $363.05(45%)
Many New In Stock Usually ships in 24 hours Available Now!
FREE with Super Saver Shipping
We are one of the largest Consumer Best Cordless Drill Deals Retailer Stores on the Internet.
We find the Best Quality and Best Price on Consumer Best Cordless Drill Deals with Amazon.com
Thank you for buying our product and We hope you enjoy shopping at Consumer BestCordlessDrillDeals.com